Friday, January 16, 2009

Revelation of the Century: Jail Sucks

So says rapper DMX. Check out this interview:



I'm not even sure what to say about those remarks: "I learned that this is not where I want to be..." Really? You mean being in jail is something I SHOULDN'T aspire to? Hmmm. I might have to think on that one for a while.

You almost have to feel sorry for DMX. It seems as though his realization that prison isn't supposed to be fun is something that has really made him sad. His ignorance is literally making me laugh as I write this.

His reference to the pink underwear is a result of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's new prison policies. Prisoners are forced to wear pink as a means of demoralizing them. The sheriff also eliminated all cable television except the Disney channel and the Weather channel. He has also resurrected the use of the chain gang, and makes prisoners sleep in tents in the middle of the desert. As DMX noted, it's hard to be the life of the party when you're wearing pink while working on the chain gang, talking about last night's rebroadcast of The Little Mermaid.

But isn't that the point of prison? Since when is justice served and punishment for crime supposed to be fun? Kudos to Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and kudos again, for making jail suck. Maybe next time DMX will think twice before putting himself in a situation that lands him there.

No comments: