Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm Thinking of Making a Rose...

I'm thinking of making a rose, and I'm going to do it from nothing.  I'll need to make a seed that has programmed DNA that would tell it to produce tap roots that would, of their own volition, seek after moisture in soil and send the liquid vertical for the nourishment of the plant.  The DNA would then have the plant grow a stem, branches, and leaves that were capable of the process of photosynthesis.  It would have to make its own needle-sharp thorns (they are such a curse), and of course the rose buds.  These would automatically blossom into what I'm aiming at - a beautiful rose.

The flower itself wold contain the usual male and female parts - the pistol and stamen - for reproduction after its own kind.  Then there's the process of pollination that will need to take place, and for that I will need to make sure there's an aroma, and a radiant color that will attract bees.  I'm not sure how to do all this, but give me time.  Time is the key.  Time.

There's also the production of nectar that the bees can turn into the sweetness of honey.  When the rose dies it will have to produce its own seeds, so that it can reproduce after its own kind.

Well, I've had time to think about this and it's getting a little complicated, mainly because I have to make all this from nothing...as it happened in the beginning.  Making a rose from nothing should have been easy because intelligent scientists say it wasn't designed with any intelligence.  But I feel a little dumb because I don't know where to begin.

OK, I've given it some serious thought.  Making a rose from nothing is way too difficult, and I don't think I could do it.  Not in a million years.  No, I think I will leave the rose and try something a little easier - like a bee.

The preceding was taken from the March edition of the livingwaters.com newsletter.

No comments: