Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2012: A Space Oddysey

Yesterday, on Labor Day 2012, my son, my dad, my wife and daughter, my sister, and I went to Awesomeville to launch some rockets.  One of the rockets my son and I built during our time at Family Camp.  We're going to send that one up again.  We also bought a second rocket that he assembled with my dad.  This one had a clear payload section where you could put a little traveler and launch him into space as well.

The video begins with a "press conference" with the Chief Engineer.  Getting him to talk about the upcoming launch was like pulling teeth.  Then the video moves on to both of the launches we did yesterday.

I have a lot of memories of launching rockets with my dad when I was a kid.  Hopefully this will stick in Ferg's memory too.

No comments: