Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thus & Such, Vol. 13

1. "...if God answers my prayer for my son to be a follower of Christ, people will hate him.  People will absolutely, unquestionably be repulsed by my son."  This quote from this very good article reminds me of a sermon delivered by Paul Washer where he told an auditorium of youth something to the effect of, "I don't want for you what your parents want for you.  They want cars, houses, and security.  I want you to go and die on the mission field."  I want my kids to be hated by the world.

2. What a good and easy way to share the gospel with people online?  Here you go.  It's the latest media effort by Living Waters.

3. Check out these cool Facebook timeline cover photos.  Some good stuff here that would make for a cool poster.

4. "I would say that if you don't believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ and Messiah, and that he rose again from the dead and by his sacrifice our sins are forgiven, you're really not in any meaningful sense a Christian."  Although Christopher Hitchens was an atheist and absolutely mocked and hated everything I am as a Christian, I liked him.  Why?  Because he was intellectually honest, and was willing to examine evidence and arguments in the conversation on faith.  This very interesting article details how he thought that if you were going to believe something, believe it.  Don't be squishy.  And don't pervert the historically held beliefs of a religion and still claim to identify with it.  In this sense, he and I are very much alike.  I wish he were still alive, primarily so he could have more time to repent and believe the gospel, but also because his intelligent thinking served to move the dialogue forward.

No comments: