Monday, August 27, 2012

When God Burps

My son James is in a fun phase right now where he points out how God is either bigger, stronger, or better than any and everything he sees.  For example, tonight we went to a Twins game at Target Field and were seated rather high up in the stands.  Jamie exclaimed, "Wow, we're pretty high!  But we're not as high up as God."  Earlier today he told me that Goliath was strong, but he wasn't as strong as God.

This has been going on for some time.  If he sees a tall building, he'll remark that it's not as tall as God.  If he has a good idea, he'll follow it up by saying that he's not as smart as God.

Tonight at the Twins game, I got a couple root beers for the family.  We were drinking them together, and as root beer tends to make one do, I burped.  Jamie had a chuckle over it, then said, "Hey Dad, that was a big burp, but you know what?  It's not nearly as big as one of God's burps."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! I love that. God bless you and your family.
- AJ Velichko

Unknown said...

Hahaha I love that! That's awesome that he does that. It's an attitude we should all have.
God bless you and your family
- AJ Velichko