Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Only A Creative God Could Do This

Betsy took Jamie for a walk earlier this evening. She called me mid way through the walk, and told me she was on her way back and that I should meet her in the back yard with the camera. I did. What I saw was disgusting, cool, interesting, and scary all at the same time. Judge for yourself (to get the full affect, click on the pictures and view them full-size).











Neither my wife or I had ever seen anything like this caterpillar outside of a nature show on TV. It was longer and thicker than my thumb! Look at his creepy, suction cup legs. We didn't touch it at all, figuring that those little barbs on his multi-colored spikes might be poisonous or something - plus we're total wimps. I don't know what kind of creature will emerge from this thing's cocoon one day, but I can't imagine it could be good. I kept expecting the Men in Black to step out and "flashy thing" us.

As my wife pointed out, it just goes to show you how creative God is.

No comments: