Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fly Swatter Love


Several months ago, Fergie (my kid's nickname - we started to call him "Turd Fergeson" shortly after he was born - don't ask) found our fly swatter and wanted to play with it. Considering that it was full of fly guts, we immediately took it away from him and he became very angry. So we sanitized the swatter and let him play with it. It has since become his favorite toy. He loves fly swatters.

Last week I was grocery stopping, and noticed that Cub had a sale on 2-pack fly swatters. I bought a pack for Fergie, and gave him the orange and purple gems the next morning. He loved them. Last night, in getting him ready for bed, he absolutely refused to relinquish the fly swatter from his grasp. So my wife got him ready for bed and fed him, fly swatter in hand. When it was time to go to bed, he again refused to put the swatter down, so he went to bed with it. Later, when my wife checked in on him, we found him like this and decided to take the picture that you see here.

Should I be worried, as a parent, that my kid's best friend is a fly swatter?

No comments: