Friday, August 8, 2008

Only Three Kinds Of Christians



Piper's last statement in this short video is: "There are only three kinds of people: there are goers, there are senders, and there are the disobedient." I have since written that statement down on paper and taped it to the top of my desk at work. I want to be a goer. I want to be a sender. I do not want my life to be spent in disobedience.

I forgot to post this video with the previous blog. Each week in August we are going to be viewing a "Don't Waste Your Life" video. These are videos that correspond with the book, by the title of, you guessed it, "Don't Waste Your Life." Starting in September, we'll be doing a Bible study based on this book by John Piper. If you want to make some serious changes in your life and dedicate yourself fully to God's business, you'll want to come to this study. When I read this book, it changed my life.

Thus in August, we're going through Luke 6 and looking at how we can NOT waste our lives as followers of Christ, by looking at how Jesus teaches us to think and act as his followers. So hit us up at SHOUT in August, and hit us up for SHOUT and the Don't Waste Your Life Bible study in September.

No comments: