1. In Luke 24 the Resurrected Jesus is walking along a road with two travelers. After they tell him about the events of the previous week, which he was obviously privy to, verse 27 says: "And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." A lot of times this verse is used to show how all of scripture points to Jesus. Every verse in the Old Testament is pointing us to Jesus. But have you ever read the OT and wondered how in the heck some of those stories could be pointing to Jesus? Here's a fantastic article that explains how.
2. Here's a great article from Tim Challies about the strange dichotomy joy and grief that comes with the confession of sin. We are grieved by our sins, but overjoyed that they are done away with through the gospel. Very good stuff.
3. A lot of skeptics will dismiss the authority of the Bible because it supposedly "condones slavery." Well, that's not a valid objection. Why not? Here's why.
4. Did you make a resolution to read through the whole Bible in a year? Don't forget this important word of advice.
5. Why are things cute? Check out the science of cuteness (although the guy in the video is rather annoying).