Friday, June 22, 2012

A Tale of Two Parades

Every year we look forward to the Kaposia Days Parade that goes right down our street in South St. Paul.  The parade is part of a larger, weekend-long celebration celebrating the anniversary of the city's founding.  Each year at the parade there are lots of cool floats, and an unbelievable amount of candy for the kids (seriously, kids get more candy from parades nowadays than I ever got for Halloween when I was a kid).  We also invite a bunch of people from church to come over and watch the parade at our house.  It's a lot of fun.

Last year I was able to snap this photo during the parade while several guys on motorcycles rode down the street.  As you can tell, it was a tad too loud for The Furgeson.  I really like this picture for some reason.
Cut to this year's parade.  Once again, there were guys on motorcycles tooling around on the street, and once again it was a bit loud for The Fergeson, although this year he didn't react so much in fear as he did in amazement at the noise.  Here's this year's pic.
I really like this picture too.  I don't consider myself as being particularly skilled in photography, but something about these pictures is just really neat (I suppose it could be that it's my own son in them!).

No comments: