Sunday, July 24, 2011

The View from the Champion's Club

Beetz and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary this Tuesday, July 26.  That also happens to be the day that we will be leaving for our week long vacation, hindering our ability to celebrate the occasion.  So in an attempt to mark the occasion (and, let's face it, to have fun and be treated like a VIP!) I managed to score two tickets to the Champion's Club at Target field.

The Champion's Club is an elite section of seating at Target field that is not available for single game purchase.  The only way to sit in the Champion's Club is to buy an entire season package of seats, or to know someone who has.  Needless to say, my road to the Champion's Club was through the latter.

My cousin Kirk has a couple sections of seats in the Champion's Club, so a couple months ago I gave him a call and asked if he could hook me up.  Much to my surprise and delight, he was able to do so, and at a huge discount from face value, for which I am eternally grateful.

My dad made a trip to the Champion's Club with Kirk last year, and I heard all about the glories brought about by this section of seats: all-inclusive food, service, cushy seats, valet parking, and more.  So after that, I knew that the Champion's Club was an experience that I had to have.

I decided to ask Kirk for CC tickets for Betsy's and my 8th anniversary, and to surprise her with the tickets.  I made her wear a blindfold in the car on the way to the stadium so she wouldn't know where we were going.  When she took the blindfold off and saw the entrance to the club, she said, "No way!"  Her reaction was exactly what I was hoping for.

Bottom line: the Champion's Club was a great experience.  The food was amazing, the service was second to none (and it was really cool having my car parked by the valet, even if it was a piece of junk compared to the Ferraris and Porches parked nearby), the seats were great (closer than I think I've ever been to the players before), and it was a great time.

Another thing I did for our anniversary was to purchase a score board message, expressing my undying love for the Mrs.  Because we all know that nothing is true unless it's plastered on the jumbo-tron. That was pretty neat too, and Beetz really liked it.

No comments: