Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Glad I'm Not The President

If I were ever present at one of those town hall meetings that presidential candidates are so fond of, I have a question I would really like to ask one of them: "Why in the world would you ever want to be president?" Seriously, I can't think of a job I'd rather not have. A good case in point is the health care reform that's probably going to be forced through the house on Sunday. Right now our country is more polarized than perhaps any other time in history. We're basically split down the middle, and the two sides are pretty far apart. I can't imagine leading a country in this state.

The health care reform issue is a perfect example. It is a totally polarizing issue - you're either on one side or the other - and the country is pretty split on it. No matter what President Obama does, he's going to be hated by one side or the other.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against health care reform. I want the government to stay out of my life as much as it can. But can you imagine being one of the people "in charge" right now? No thanks.

No comments: