Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Headache

It's been a while since I've posted on here.  In times past a week's absence from this blog usually meant another 8-11 months of no posting.  Not so this time.  I was out of town on vacation last week, sans internet, and since I've been back I've been overwhelmed with catching up on work.  Today I planned to post, but a headache that formed about 10:00 AM has been with me all day.  I don't get headaches too often, but when I do, they're doosies.

I also have what I consider to be a healthy fear of medicine, so after the Advil I took at noon (which did nothing) I've been medicine free until The Mrs. talked me into taking some Exedrine Migraine (which did all kinds of stuff) about an hour ago.  I'm starting to feel better.  

Being so overwhelmed with work, I knew I couldn't just leave today and take the day off due to the headache, so I searched out a couch at the church that I could lay down on and just shut my eyes for a while so I could get back to it.  Two hours later (!) I woke up, wondering if anyone at the church had seen me napping (I was the only one in the building when I fell asleep, so I'm hoping not!).  The nap didn't cut it, however, and my head was still pounding.  This evening basically consisted of me sitting on the couch, rubbing my head in between bouts of nausea due to the pain.  To top it off, both kids are sick too, and Ferg even went in to urgent care tonight (ear pain, 103 degree fever, and his left eye was red - nothing to be too concerned about, it appears).  It's now 11:06 PM and the pain in my head is just now starting to abate.  

No comments: