Sunday, March 9, 2014

The (Most Recent) Blackout

If you haven't noticed (and you haven't), I haven't posted to this blog in the past several months.  During blackouts in the past, the reason for such a lag in posting was attributed to either busyness or laziness - opposite ends of the spectrum, I know, but nonetheless, that's about the sum of it.  Either way, I'm back to posting once again, although I'm sure another time of busyness or laziness will get the better of me at some point.

But there's another element to this recent lack of posting.  I have, for the most part, unplugged from any kind of social media on the internet.  This took place back in October, and I talked about it at that time.  It's been several months now, and I have to say that I couldn't be happier with my decision to leave Facebook.  I look at my wife's account from time to time, and every time I do I'm reminded by the immense amount of time wasted on such things (this is not to say that you are wasting your time on Facebook if you have an account - it is merely to say that time-wasting was what I did with Facebook). With all of the time saved I've been able to do some big projects and get a lot done.  I've enjoyed it.  But now, some things in my life have settled down, and there will be more time for things like posting to this site, which I truly do believe to be an important thing, even if there isn't a large readership.  It's at least important to me.

No comments: